CHM 2045C Module Seven Sample Exam Answers
Module Seven Part K: Chapter 6 Vocabulary 5 points
1. _Thermodynamics_ is the science of heat and work.
2. __Energy__________is the capacity to do work.
3. __Kinetic__________energy is the energy of motion.
4. __Potential_________energy is the energy of position or stored energy.
5. __System___________is the object, collection of objects, being studied.
6. __Surroundings______is everything other than what is being studied.
7. _Exothermic Process_ - heat is given off (heat is transferred from the system
to the surroundings.
8. ญญญญญญญญญ_Endothermic Process - heat is absorbed (heat is transferred from the surroundings
to the system.
9. _Specific Heat _______ is the quantity of heat energy needed to raise the temperature
of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Kelvin or Celsius.
10. _Joule____ is the preferred (SI) heat energy unit.
Write the word and the definition for one of Chapter 6 vocabulary words not included above.