CHM 2045C Module Eight Exam Name: __________
Module Eight: Solutions/Oxidation & Reduction (Chapter 5)
Part I: Solution Discussion Questions 5 points
Answer any two of the following:
(1) Define oxidation and reduction in terms of electron transfer.
(2) In an oxidation reduction equation, what is the oxidizing agent?
What is the reducing agent?
(3) How can you recognize whether a reaction is a redox reaction or not?
(4) Name three types of reactions which are NOT oxidation reduction and give at least one example
(5) What is the equivalence point in a titration of an acid and a base? Is there a difference between the equivalence point and the end point of the titration when using an acid/base indicator to determine the end point?