CHM 2045C Module Eight: Solutions(chapter 5) Name:________
Part K: Solution Definitions 10 points
Fill in the blank with word for the definition listed:
1._______________When dynamic equilibrium is established between undissolved solute in a
Solution, we say the solution is __.
2. ______________ Any solution containing less solute than it could hold at equilibrium is said
To be a(n) _______________solution.
3. ______________ That part of a solution which you are dissolving.
4. ______________ That part of a solution which does the dissolving (or the media of the
5. ____________ are dispersions in which that the dispersed matter has one or more dimensions
in the range of 1 to 1000 nm and has the unique ability to scatter light.
6. _____________ of a solution is the number of moles of solute per kilogram of solvent.
7. ______________of a solution is the number of moles of solute per Liter of solution.
8. ______________of a solution is the grams of solute per 100 grams of solution
9._____________ of a solution is the milliliters of solute per 100 milliliters of solution.
10._______________homogeneous mixture of a solute and a solvent.
Bonus: Define Normality; define equivalent of an acid, of an oxidizer, of an electrolyte.
What is the difference between a solution, colloidal solution, colloidal suspension, and a suspension