Earth Science Name:____________
Chapter 4: Rocks: Weathering, Soil
and Mass Wasting
Part E End of Chapter
Review Questions 11
Your instructor will either
choose three questions of the following or they will be circled on the paper.
You write a short answer for 4-4-3 points each:
- (#14) List three detrimental effects
of soil erosion other than the loss of top soil from croplands.
- (#7) How is carbonic acid (H2CO3)
formed in nature? What results when this acid reacts with potassium
- (#1) Describe the role of external
processes in the rock cycle.
- (#21) Describe the mechanisms or
factors that contribute to the slow downslope
movement called creep.
- (#`10) Which of the controls of soil
formation is most important? Explain.
- (#3) How does mechanical weathering
add to the effectiveness of chemical weathering?
- (#15) Name the primary ore of aluminum
and describe its formation.